Friday, April 20, 2007

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli


I think I was telling you all about this delightful young adult book I read recently called Stargirl. Well I just heard that the author, Jerry Spinelli, is about to publish a sequel to the book. So now is your chance to read the first and get well acquainted with this memorable character. She plays the ukulele, remembers everyone's birthday (and sings to them!), and travels with a pet rat. The ultimate nonconformist. For those with a spare hour or two you are in for a fun ride!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Matthew, you inspired me to read this...what fun it was! Bittersweet in many ways, but an overall positive message. I could really relate to the characters in this book. In may ways I've longed to be a Stargirl, and in some ways am very outspoken and secure about my choices, but I mostly plod along as a Leo, too afraid to rock the boat very much. I fell in love with Stargirl...maybe she'll inspire me as I move forward in life!

Matthew said...

Great Tamara--I could really identify with Stargirl as well. I think we all want to rock the boat at times and yes it is a true effort for most. I'm intrigued to read the sequel.